Cecelia Glinsey, was pulled from a rear bedroom at 8032 S. Hermitage Ave, according to officials.
A woman died after a fire broke out at a Gresham home Monday morning on the South Side and spread to two neighboring houses.
The woman, about 45 years old, was pulled from a rear bedroom immediately after firefighters arrived at 8032 S. Hermitage Ave., according to the Chicago Fire Department.
Cecelia Glinsey was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center in critical condition and later pronounced dead, police and the Cook County medical examiner’s office said.
Autopsy results released Tuesday revealed she died of carbon monoxide poisoning and smoke and soot inhalation.
The fire, which broke about 10 a.m. and was put out within an hour, had spread to two other homes, fire department spokesman Larry Langford said.
A home to the north had extensive damage to its roof and attic, Langford said. Four people and a dog in the house escaped safely. A home to the south sustained some exterior damage as well.
The home where the fire started did not have a smoke detector, Langford said. The cause of the fire wasn’t immediately clear.