Blue Bottle opens its first Chicago café: More than just coffee
today at 9:37 am
Blue Bottle Coffee, the Northern California-based specialty coffee company established in 2002, has become a global leader in environmentally-friendly specially coffee spawning cafés from California to Asia.
Until now Chicagoan’s could only get the trendy brew by traveling to another city or by subscription–a popular option.
Not surprisingly Chicago is Blue Bottle Coffee’s number one city in terms of the number of at-home subscribers.
With the Monday, July 12 opening of Blue Bottle’s first Chicago café at Wolf Point Towers, Chicago coffee lovers have two options.
The contemporary new cafe, inside the elegant River North Wolf Point East Tower, is centrally located with access to Fulton Market, the West Loop and downtown Chicago.
A 400-square-foot patio offers multiple outdoor seating areas overlooking the Chicago River with amazing city views.
The tower, designed by world-renowned Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects, offers easy access to major transportation hubs and the city’s best amenities along with Chicago’s River Walk.
The cafe is the sole retailer occupying the building’s retail space.
The Chicago cafe will debut numerous brand firsts in North America — including
- The brand’s most comprehensive culinary menu to date
- A beverage menu with full liquor license
- Artwork from local creators such as Cody Hudson and The Weaving Mill
- A curio area with seasonally changing past, present, and future Blue Bottle Coffee merchandise
- Classes in the Brew Lounge where cafe guests will have opportunities to interact with brew tools and methods to share in a deeper appreciation of specialty coffee.
Guests at Blue Bottle’s Wolf Point cafe will enjoy expertly roasted and prepared seasonally changing coffees for both pour overs and espresso drinks, a rotating selection of blends and single origins, and signature items including the sweet, creamy and delicious New Orleans-Style Iced Coffee; specialty signature espresso drink, The Gibraltar; slightly caffeinated and subtly floral, Cascara Fizz; complex and earthy, Matcha Latte; as well as the Japanese-style cold brewed coffee, Oji.
The cafe will feature a full liquor license with beverages including the NOLA Round Two, a boozy interpretation of the classic New Orleans-Style Iced Coffee; a Cascara Whiskey Soda; and a Gin and Juice Spritz featuring housemade lemon yuzu simple syrup. The menu will also feature a full range of wines and beers from local Hopewell Brewing Co.
THE CULINARY MENU
The cafe’s culinary menu, infused with a balance of local preference and global influence, will feature classic Blue Bottle selections including:
- Avocado toasts
- Breakfast sandwiches
- Liège waffels
- Plus an expanded, unique-to-Chicago lineup of items including smoked whitefish toast with cucumber, radish, and yuzu kosho on Publican Quality Bread sourdough; creamy egg salad toast with pickled peach and frisée, on Publican Quality Bread sourdough; and sweet potato and raclette gratin sunflower seed crumble, with a nine-minute egg and frisée.
Blue Bottle Coffee’s Wolf Point location will be open Monday through Sunday from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m.
About Blue Bottle
Blue Bottle Coffee was founded by James Freeman in Oakland, California, in 2002 with a simple yet revolutionary idea: to serve delicious coffee, roasted fresh and brewed to order, sourced from the finest, most sustainable coffee farms.
Today, Blue Bottle is a global network of cafes in the US and Asia and the leader in specialty coffee.
Look for more Blue Bottle Coffee Chicago locations to open in the next two years.
Visit bluebottlecoffee.com for more information.