Chicago’s Week in Beer, July 12-15
today at 12:44 am
After several months in operation during various pandemic phases, Milk Money Brewing is finally having its grand opening in downtown LaGrange. And Chicago’s storied Berghoff Restaurant is hosting its reopening this week, featuring their own State and Adams beers. See below.
And there’s yet another brewer opening its doors in these reduced circumstances! The Duneyrr Fermenta Project is operating at 2337 S. Michigan Ave., the former Motor Row Brewing space. Their specialty will be wild ales and co-fermentations with ingredients for meads, wines and ciders. They are also providing brewing and packaging space for Dutchbag Beer Co., a nano-brewer of Dutch and Scandinavian farmhouse styles (including a stroopwafel-based beer), who will be moving over from the Pilot Project incubator.
Monday, July 12
Berghoff & Adams Street Reopening!
Adams Street Brewery, 17 W. Adams St., Chicago (312) 427-5820 Map
The Berghoff Restaurant and Adams Street Brewery is excited and eager to welcome you back beginning on Monday, July 12th!
Our current *hours will be from 12:00PM – 7:00PM, Tuesday through Saturday (Exception, Monday, July 12th.). We look forward to seeing you,
Our Berghoff Classics are back! Plus freshly brewed new varieties of Adams Street Pints!
How we are re-opening
Reservations encouraged, but not needed—Walk-ins welcome!
We ask that you please wear a mask if you have not been vaccinated for everyone’s safety.
We are doing our best to honor all reservations and walk-ins in a timely fashion. However, to follow all proper cleaning protocols, you may have a slight wait while we get your table ready.
Thank you for your patience and understanding!
6:00 – 9:00 pm • Beer on the Wall Bottle Share
Off the Wall Café, 104 Main St., Park Ridge, IL (847) 989-1458 Map
The BotW Bottle Share has returned! Bring a commercially packaged (sorry, no homebrews) limited/seasonal/out-of-market beer with you, and be ready to share it with others in exchange for samples of their limited/seasonal/out-of-market beer. For example:
Good ideas: Heady Topper, Dark Lord, Side Project anything, Lost Abbey Isabelle Proximus (Izzy).
Bad idea: That beer you bought off our shelves 5 minutes before the event started.
Even worse idea: That beer you bought off the shelves at that big box liquor store a couple weeks ago (at least buy it local, jeez)!
Some other logistic notes:
1. Bottle shares will be held every second Monday from 6-9pm. They will be outdoors when possible and will be held at Off the Wall in the event of inclement weather.
2. If you’re planning to attend, please post what you’re bringing on the event page so we can limit duplicates and potentially build verticals/themes.
3. In the interest of time, we will only enter 1-2 beers per person in the official share. Folks are welcome to bring more but excess beers will only be opened after the formal part of the share is complete.
4. Attendees do not need a ticket to attend, though we may introduce limits later in the interest of space.
5. In the interest of organization and alcoholic liability, BotW staff will collect bottles at the start of the event and open/pour bottles in an orderly fashion. If you are overserved, BotW staff reserves the right to cut you off at any time–NO EXCEPTIONS.
6. When at all possible, please bring two beers of smaller format bottles so folks aren’t getting 0.65 oz of beer.
7. No scoffing or disrespect to other beer drinkers. Scoffers will be sent home with a 6pk of expired Hamms.
7:00 – 9:00 pm • Euchre Game Night
Evil Horse Brewing Co., 1338 Main St., Crete, IL 708-304-2907 Map
Euchre Game Night is back! If you’ve played before, welcome back! If you’ve never played, come a little early and we’ll teach you how to play. We have a lot of fun playing – and you can win some great prizes!
Tuesday, July 13
5:00 pm • Summer of ’54 Release
Haymarket Pub & Brewery, 737 W. Randolph St., Chicago (312) 638-0700 Map
Summer of ’54 is an IPA born of a random conversation between collaborators Jay Westbrook & Shakeia Taylor.
The name pays tribute to the first summer both Chicago baseball teams had a Black player. Minnie Minoso joined the White Sox in 1952, while Ernie Banks joined the Cubs in late 1953. The beer is a celebration of baseball and friendship. In that spirit, proceeds from the sale of each pint will be donated to Lost Boyz Inc, a South Shore-based organization that provides instruction, training, and the competition of organized baseball and softball to youths who are not as likely exposed to the game and its many disciplines.
Our Special Tapping event includes:
Buffet of Texas HotLink, Bratwurst, and Cuban sandwich-inspired sausage link. Also, hot dogs for kids, house-made chips, baked beans, and more!
Adult tickets include 1 12 oz pour of Summer of ’54 IPA
Kids tickets do not include beer
Additional pints available for $4 each, with $1 being donated back to the Lost Boyz Inc.
Reservations $20 through Tock.
7:00 pm • Side Lot Bingo!
Side Lot Brewery, 110 Slocum Lake Rd., Wauconda, IL 847-714-2584 Map
We’re playing Bingo again!
Get ready to shake your balls every Tuesday night at Side Lot Brewery. Limited seating is available both inside and outside. Reservations are HIGHLY recommended.
MASKS ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER THE PROPERTY & ANYTIME YOU’RE NOT SEATED. If this is a problem, stay home.
9:15 pm • Brookfield Sidelot Summer Cinema
Imperial Oak Brookfield, 9526 W. Ogden Ave., Brookfield, IL (708) 387-0050 Map
This summer in Brookfield we’re bringing you our monthly “Sidelot Summer Cinema” series. Bring your blankets or chairs to our grassy lawn just north of the Brookfield pub. We’ll have one of our favorite movies projected on the big screen along with free popcorn and an outdoor beer station. Showtimes will be at sundown each month, at approx 9:15p. Our series will play every second Tuesday of the month through September 14th. Admission is always free! This event will happen rain or shine. If weather threatens the event, we will show the movie indoors on the small screen.
July 13: The Big Lebowski!
Wednesday, July 14
1:30 pm • Dutch Pour Technique Class
Oswego Brewing Co., 61 S. Main St., Oswego, IL (331) 999-1991 Map
The Dutch Pour Technique (no, not a beer pour).
Have you ever skipped a stone? This is a lot like that. Let Denise show you how to have some fun pouring paint and then rearranging it by blowing one color over another. We’re going to lay down some colors and then try to skip some white over those colors and get some amazing results.
Denise has done all the work for you, the paints are modified and ready to go. We will be working on an 8 x 10 canvas for this class.
Show up in something comfortable (might want to go with some casual clothes and avoid long sleeves – JUST IN CASE). Acrylic paint does not come out. And if your creation is a masterpiece Denise and her team would be happy to frame it for you for an additional fee. These pieces will be wet so if you want to leave them at the brewery you can always come back a couple days later and pick them up once dried. If you want to take it home on Wednesday then please bring a container with sides to protect your vehicle during transit.
The class comes with all supplies, instruction, and one 10 ounce OBC beer.
Minimum of 6 participants required for the class to be held. Please purchase your tickets in advance, sales will end Monday, July 12th.
6:00 – 8:00 pm • Pollyanna Patio Pint Night Party
Chuck’s Café, 8025 S. Cass Ave., Darien, IL 331-431-4000 Map
It’s summertime and Pint Nights are coming back! We’re so excited to welcomePollyanna Brewing Co. for a special trio of tappings!
Purchase any of the following & get a FREE Pint Glass; good while supplies last!
Summerly • In the Cards • Lunchbox Tactics
7:00 pm • Trivia Wednesdays at Black Lung
Black Lung Brewing Co., 2217 IL-83, Round Lake Beach, IL (847) 340-3320 Map
Fantastic fun through trivia and yummy craft beer drinking!!! With Dancing In The Rain DJ!!
Food always available from Ron’s Italian Ovens! Just go to their website, enter as a “pick up”, then under food instructions type “black lung”, and they deliver for free.
Thursday, July 15
6:00 – 10:00 pm • Milk Money Grand Opening
Milk Money Brewing, 75 S. La Grange Rd., La Grange, IL 708-582-6030 Map
You’re Invited: We’re finally holding our grand opening celebrations! Join us Thursday through Sunday for 4 days of celebrating Milk Money and the community of La Grange!
It’s been a long road, but our warm welcome has everything to do with the support of our community!
Check out our itinerary below! No cover charge.
* 6pm-10pm: Kickoff of tent festivities with street food and beer tappings
* 7pm-10pm: Live music by Evil Burrito
* 4pm-10pm: Tent festivities, including street food, beer tappings and a 50/50 charity raffle (with proceeds benefiting Beds Plus)
* 7pm-10pm: Live music by Be Sharp Standard Time, featuring Mr. Michael Payne from Detroit
* 11am-10pm — Tent festivities, including a collaboration with Roaming Hog Food Truck, beer tappings, a face painter, kids coloring contest, giveaways, 50/50 charity raffle (with proceeds benefiting CCFA) and a kids and family zone for celebrating
* 6pm-9pm — Music by a DJ and live music by Legacy Rock and Soul Band
* 11am-9pm — Tent festivities including: a face painter, 50/50 charity raffle (with proceeds benefiting Hope For The Day), and a kids and family zone for celebrating. Plus, food featuring a sponsorship from Slagel family farm, Perkins custom cuts, Fortune fish and gourmet, Us foods and highland baking, as well as beer tappings.
* There will also be live music by Be Sharp Standard Time, featuring Mr. Michael Payne from Detroit.
4:00 – 9:30 pm • Thursday Night Tacos!
Side Lot Brewery, 110 Slocum Lake Rd., Wauconda, IL 847-714-2584 Map
You’ve been asking when Tacos are coming back to Side Lot.
Taco Thursdays kick off on June 3rd and will continue every Thursday night.
Make your reservations!
5:00 – 10:00 pm • Straight Insanity II with Revolution
The Open Bottle, 7101 W. 183rd St., Tinley Park, IL 708-247-3757 Map
It’s STRAIGHT INSANITY II! 10 barrel-aged Revolution Brewing beers! We’ll be tapping these colossal barrel-aged beers at 5 p.m. on July 15. In addition to the insane line up, we’ll be giving away Deep Wood Series glasses with the purchase of a full-sized pour, while supplies last. This event will be first come, first served, but we have plenty of seating both inside and on the patio. Go insane with us & try some of the best barrel-aged beers Chicago has to offer.
ON DRAFT: Straight Jacket (2017) • Straight Jacket (2018) • Straight Jacket (2019) • Straight Jacket (2020) • Boss Jacket (2019) • Supermassive Cafe Deth (2021) • Strawberry Jacket (2019) • Strawberry Jacket (2021) • Honey Jacket (2020) • V.S.O.J. (2021)
RSVP at Facebook.
5:30 – 9:00 pm • Revolution Deep Wood Series Preview Party
Beer on the Wall – Arlington Heights, 2 N. Dunton Ave., Arlington Heights, IL (847) 989-2651 Map
Join us as we team up with Revolution Brewing for a Preview Party celebrating their summer releases from the Deep Wood Series! Be among the first to try them a day before their official release, as we’ll have a stellar draft lineup that includes those barrel-aged beauties, plus Riot Keller Pils and Pursuit of Freedom: Watermelon Mint. A rep from Rev will be on-hand with swag as well (while supplies last), so get this on your calendar and we’ll see you there!
FEATURED REVOLUTION BEERS:
* V.S.O.J. 2021 (Very Special Old [Straight] Jacket) (A cuvée of English Barleywines each aged 2-3 yrs. in our favorite bourbon barrels)
* Strawberry Jacket 2021 (A blend of bourbon and rye whiskey barrel English Barleywines aged 18 mos. before fresh strawberries are added)
* Supermassive Café Deth 2021 (A barrel-aged imperial oatmeal stout w/ a Herculean dose of fresh-roasted Dark Matter coffee)
* Riot (An unfiltered Bohemian Keller Pils feat. premium malts and Zuper Saazer hops)
* Pursuit of Freedom: Watermelon Mint (The freshest submission to the Freedom Series of session sours made w/ real fruit)
6:30 – 8:30 pm • Chicago Brew Cruise
Chicago Fireboat Tours Map
Chicago Fireboat Tours and Phase Three Brewing Co. are partnering up to offer one of the most unique experiences in Chicago, every Thursday evening all summer-long!!
Phase Three Brewing Company will be bringing just days-old fresh, new releases directly from their Chicagoland brewery every week to serve aboard Chicago Fireboat Tours’ 1933 retired Chicago Fireboat, the Fred A. Busse.
Boarding begins at 6:00p.m and the boat departs at 6:30pm for a 2-hour sunset cruise. The Brew Cruise will start on the lake, float through the locks and right into the heart of downtown Chicago via the Chicago River, enjoying world-class views, an amazing sunset, and great music; all paired with fresh, innovative craft beers and hard seltzers.
Tickets are $45 per person at www.fireboattours.com, and include your 1st Phase Three brew once onboard.
8:00 pm – 12:00 am • Karaoke on Marz
Marz Community Brewing, 3630 S. Iron St., Chicago (773) 837-0145, Map
Karaoke On Marz is Back! hosted by Elise B from Karaoke Center Radio. we can’t wait for this to happen again!