Fatpour Wicker Park celebrates the start of the 2021 Summer Olympics with the Fatpour Olympic Village, a festive pop-up commencing Wednesday, July 21 with a pre-opening curling tournament event, a ticketed event free to the public. Festivities continue on Friday, July 23 with a ticketed Opening Ceremonies event, where guests may reserve tables to celebrate with DJs, giveaways, team table competitions, special “Pizzas Around the World” menu, pop-up entertainment and more. Guests are strongly encouraged to dress like Olympic fanatics! Tickets for both events are limited and may be purchased via Eventbrite.
OLYMPIC-THEMED POP-UP BAR LAUNCHES IN CHICAGO
From Wednesday, July 21 through Sunday, August 8, the pop-up will feature boozy snow cones, themed cocktails—like The Olympian with tequila, strawberry syrup, limeade and topped with Freshie Tequila Seltzer and an aromatic infused bubble cloud—a globally inspired Pizzas of the World menu and spirited games.
Throughout the multi-week pop-up, guests may partake in exciting tournaments for games including rock climbing, shuffleboard, bubble hockey and skee-ball, with prizes like Lollapalooza and Chicago Cubs tickets given out. For daily updates on the full calendar of events, visit www.fatpourwickerpark.com.
Olympic rings, podium, sailboat and more will allow for unique, interactive photo opportunities. TVs will air all major events, and the space will be adorned with 205 flags of the participating countries on display as well as a massive Olympic flame.
“The Olympics unite people all over the world, and in that same sense, we are excited to create this festive pop-up that can bring people together to connect over this momentous time,” says Big Onion Hospitality Owner and Operator Erik Baylis. “All of us experienced this past year mainly apart, but as we get into the Olympic spirit we can feel as if we are all in this together.”
Fatpour will be open seven days a week for dinner, lunch Friday to Sunday and brunch Saturday and Sunday. The pop-up will open early for special Olympic events and interested patrons will find daily updates via the website and on Facebook and Instagram.
Pizzas of the World Menu
- Desperado (Mexico), with salsa, chorizo, charred corn, habaneros, cilantro, queso fresco, mozzarella, green onion and avocado crema.
- The Fassbender (Germany), with white sauce, sauerkraut, beer bratwurst, brown mustard, beer braised onion and gouda.
- In the Name of the Father (Ireland), with white sauce, white cheddar, Swiss, corned beef, sauerkraut and 1000 Island dressing.
- The French Connection (France), with garlic confit, arugula, caramelized onion, mushroom, red potatoes, provolone, mozzarella and truffle aioli.
- The Odyssey (Greece), with spinach, artichoke sauce, garlic, olives, tomato, red onion and fresh mozzarella.
- Good Old ‘Murican Excess (‘Murica!), with red sauce, sausage, bacon, pepperoni, ham, bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, black olive, tomato, chopped artichokes, provolone, mozzarella, cheddar and parmesan.
- Sunday to Thursday from 4 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Friday from 3 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Saturday from 11 to 2 a.m.
- Sunday from 11 to 3 a.m.
About Fatpour Tapworks