Jaslyn and her father were in a silver Infiniti on April 18 at a McDonald’s, 3200 W. Roosevelt Road, when two gunmen got out of an Audi and fired into the vehicle, authorities said.
A second man has been charged in the shooting death of 7-year-old Jaslyn Adams at a McDonald’s drive-thru in Homan Square earlier this month.
Demond Goudy, 21, of Homan Square, was charged Tuesday with first-degree murder and attempted murder in the April 18 attack, Chicago police said.
Goudy was taken into custody about 6:50 p.m. Monday after he left a home in the 1500 block of South Springfield Avenue, police said. A SWAT team assisted in his arrest.
Last week, a man suspected to also be involved in the shooting was shot by police while allegedly trying to carjack a family on the Eisenhower Expressway.
Prosecutors said Marion Lewis, 18, was the getaway driver but did not fire any of the shots that killed Jaslyn or wounded her father, 28-year-old Jontae Adams. Lewis was ordered held without bail last weekend.
Jaslyn and her father were in a silver Infiniti about 4:20 p.m. at a McDonald’s, 3200 W. Roosevelt Road, when two gunmen got out of an Audi and fired into the Infiniti, authorities said. One of the shooters was using a “Draco,” AK-47-style assault weapon with a “banana clip,” prosecutors said.
Police would not confirm whether Goudy was believed to be one of the shooters.
He is due in bond court Wednesday.
Contributing: Tom Schuba