Part 1 of GOP GOV primary cand. Bailey airing this morning in Chicago, Monday in Aurora & 24/7 on web and Part 2 on Monday & Tues nights in Chicago, Tues night in suburbs, Thur night in Rockford & 24/7 on Web
today at 4:16 am
Part 1 of GOP GOV primary cand. Bailey airing this morning in Chicago & on web & Part 2 on Tues night in suburbs & Chicago
Watch this morning’s “Public Affairs,” in Chicago, 8:32 am, Cable Ch. 19, with show host Berkowitz interviewing soon to be GOP GOV Primary Candidate, downstate farmer and Senator Darren Bailey about cutting property taxes, spending and IL government pension benefits; starting real reforms to help business and employment; and attracting jobs to IL.
Part 2 of the Bailey interview (dealing w/the asserted miscues of Pritzker ‘s unnecessary shutdown of IL’s economy & schools, mis-directed vaccine roll-out, abusive and educationally destructive “Cultural standards,” & unlimited abortions of healthy embryos) can be watched by clicking here
The Senator said in Part 1 of this two part series that he is 50% likely to run for Governor but it seems almost certain to this show host that Sen. Bailey will officially announce his gubernatorial candidacy at a scheduled Effingham rally this Monday.
You give us 30 minutes and GOP Gov candidate and Senator Bailey gives you a roadmap to making IL: financially solvent again, a resurgent and open economy with real, vibrant and safe workplaces again and infusing all schools with safe in-person teaching and learning again– and a state that is alive and joyful again.
This weekend’s shows (Bailey, part 1) airs thorough-out Chicago as the lead segment of a two hour Illinois Channel package:
–In Chicago, this morning, 8:32 am, Cable Ch 19 (CAN TV). [Opposite Flannery on Fire]
The show, Part 1, featuring soon to be GOP GOV primary candidate Darren Bailey also airs:
–This Monday in Aurora at 6 pm on ACTV-10 aka Cable Ch. 10 (or Aurora Community TV)
–This week in Highland Park on Monday and Wednesday nights at 8:30 pm on Cable Ch. 19.
State Senator Darren Bailey to join the 2022 IL GOP Gov race:
Taped February 10, 2021
Executive Summary, Part 1: Jeff Berkowitz goes one-on-one with Sen. Darren Bailey, likely Republican candidate for Governor of Illinois, on his background and bold proposals to cut property taxes, change the IL Constitution to allow a reduction in pension benefits and work to restore Illinois to financial stability and responsive State Government.
This video is Part 1 of Jeff Berkowitz’s Public Affairs’ interview with one of four likely 2022 IL GOP GOV Candidates- State Senator and farmer Darren Bailey.
You can watch the two-part interviews with two of the other GOV candidates by clicking the following links with GOP GOV primary candidates likely to join Paul Schimpf (R-Waterloo) and Sen. Bailey (R-Louisville) in the March, 2022 race: ditchdigger CEO Gary Rabine, part 1 & part 2 & legal plummer Richard Porter, part 1 and part 2
Our discussion with Sen. and soon to be GOP Gov Primary candidate Bailey, who farms 12,000 acres in downstate, Louisville, IL, in Part 1 of our interview focuses on the topics listed below:
(1) IL and its Cities’ $420 billion unfunded pension liabilities,
(2) the highest in the nation (and growing) IL property taxes and
(3) major loss of population & jobs (250K people over the last decade)
(4) Inattentive and incompetent IL Governance:
(5) Amending IL’s Constitution to permit cuts in Government employee pension benefits: “We have to do that,” said likely Gov Candidate Bailey, saying he agrees w/Wirepoints’ proposal to “cut,” our current, state government automatic 3% annual COLAs to a 1 % or 0% increase, depending on the annual pension levels- and he agrees with some of the other Wirepoints pension reform proposals.
(6) Bringing the State Government pension and taxpayer stakeholders to the table, after Bailey is elected, to discuss the full range of potential pension reforms and their implementation
(7) Possible IL and City filings for bankruptcy
(8) Zero based budgeting and
(9) tort reform, including a change in the standard for establishing a workers’ compensation claim for injury
You can learn more about Sen. Bailey, whose downstate IL Sen. District is a 3 ½ hour drive southeast of Chicago, by using or connecting with the below social media handles:
2022 GOP GOV primary, amending the IL Constitution to permit cuts in IL & city government & teacher pension benefits, Covid shutdown in IL, GOP GOV candidate Darren Bailey, GOP GOV candidate Gary Rabine, GOP GOV candidate Richard Porter, Gov Pritzker’s handling of Covid19, Gov Pritzker’s miscues in handling the Covid vaccine rollout in IL, Gov. Pritzker, Illinois’s $420 billion in pension miscues, Jeff Berkowitz, Pritzker’s miscues in handling Covid19, Senator Paul Schimpf, State Senator Darren Bailey