Marquette University promotes segregation
today at 10:16 am
In its misguided efforts to promote inclusion, the Jesuit and Milwaukee Marquette University is actually promoting division and segregation.
According to the College Fix, Marquette is considering blacks-only housing, a “solution” that is counter-productive, increases isolation for black students, excludes white students and promotes an “us against them” climate.
The idea was propagated by a change.org petition that contained a number of similar, self-flagating demands of the university, which seems only too willing to genuflect to. Among its demands:
Marquette University publicly recognize and apologize for the traumatic events that Black students experience on campus and the part Marquette has played in contributing to the experiences.
The evidence of such “traumatic” events of course is missing. Should I assume that they include “micro aggressions”?
Other demands include:
Core Curriculum/Mandatory Training:
● Coursework surrounding racial injustice must be implemented into the core curriculum for all students by Fall of 2021
● Mandatory bias training for all faculty, staff, and student employees by Fall 2020
○ Every Marquette employee, specifically advisors, counselors, etc. must know how to respectfully and efficiently work with Black students.
● Black Student Communal Space needed immediately before Fall 2020.
○ ran (sic) by paid Black Graduate Assistant
○ will be used for mentoring (bridge between Black graduate, undergraduate, and incoming/recruited students), tutoring, student org. meetings and events
I don’t recognize the school from which I graduated in 1963, whose values validated the wonders and merits of all without defaming or attacking any one group.
To subscribe to the Barbershop, type your email address in the box and click the “create subscription” button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.