Taste of Chicago pandemic style
today at 3:28 pm
If you are craving a “Taste of Chicago,” don’t despair. The city has put together an impressive series of virtual events along with an awesome line-up of food vendors for “Taste of Chicago To Go” from July 8 through July 12.
The Taste of Chicago, pandemic style, kicks off at noon tomorrow (July 8) with a food demonstration by Chef Carlos Gaytan of Tzuco (formerly chef at Mexique) on Youtube. The Michelin-starred chef cooks up what’s arguably the best Mexican fare in the city (sorry, Rick).
Tomorrow, Gaytan will be demonstrating how to make Avocado Flatbread–so get your avacodos ready.
Later in the day, you can dance your calories away when SummerDance brings Bollywood to Chicago at SummerDance in Place.The evening, Bollywood & Bhangra with Bollywood Groove and DJ iLLEST promises to get you movin’ from 5:30 to 7:00.
Taste of Chicago to Go Restaurants
The Taste of Chicago To Go has a menu featuring “tastes” from more than 40 would-be Taste vendors from neighborhoods across the city including Arun’s, Eli’s, Billy Goat, Monteverde and Robinson’s No.1 Ribs.
The dining guide includes all the information you need to know to order, along with a few suggested must-try items — similar to the classic Taste of Chicago set up that lets you try bites of restaurant’s signature dishes.
Taste of Chicago Virtual Events
- Wednesday, July 8: Chef Carlos Gaytan of Tzuco prepares Avocado Flatbread
- Thursday, July 9: Chef Maya-Camille Broussard of Justice of the Pies prepares Lemon Lime Cake
- Friday, July 10: Chef Jessica Romanowski of Care Kitchen Chicago prepares Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread Cookies
- Saturday, July 11: Chef Darnell Reed of Luella’s Southern Kitchen prepares Salsa Con Queso
- Sunday, July 12: Chef Sarah Grueneberg of Monteverde prepares Pasta Fredda with Summer Herb Pesto
Online music and dance performances
- Wednesday, July 8, 5:30 – 7 p.m.: SummerDance in Place — Bollywood & Bhangra with Bollywood Groove and DJ iLLEST
- Thursday, July 9, 6 – 7:30 p.m.: Millennium Park at Home Music Series with The Braided Janes and Jon Langford
Subscribe to Show Me Chicago by email
If you would like to keep in touch with what’s happening in Chicago, like us on Facebook or subscribe to Show Me Chicago by email. To subscribe, type your email address in the box below and click the “create subscription” button. Our list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.